Thursday 13 January 2011

Morning

I´ve been thinking more intelligibly about bloging. I think, on reflection my morning blogs will tend to be more intelligible than my evening ones, evening tends to be a time for silliness and experiment, morning is much more about clarity and insight.
I remember a story that made me laugh from extracts of a diary of a British soldier killed in Iraq, it was detailing his experience and duties as leader of a unit the most impacting was dealing with infantrymen who would come into his office drop their trousers and say "is this normal".  Looking around at some blogs on the internet there are those, who are doing things they think are unusual or worth of report, people in far off countries and what not, this for me tells us more about what we value rather than what is really important. There are those who seem to have a great feeling that they have something that needs to be communicated, some overarching ideology, teaching, idea, and they seems to feel that they are those people to bring that idea to the world. I was reading one such today, after following a few links beginning with the comment left on my last post about Wittgenstien (however he spells it... is that ironic, the philisopher of language carelessly spelt ... not sure, thats more of an evening comment..) it lead me to a blog slash site of someone who is clearly trying to be a thoughtful scientific thinker life commenting very verbosely and reasoned on religion and science and the nature of everything... this made me a little depressed, this person, be they a he or a she, are clearly very intelligent and well studied, maybe religion is a thing of the past falling away as humans advance into the cold logically future were the power of our minds has thrown of all inequality and injustice... don´t know. It also made me think that this internet thing and all this bloging and what not has exaggerated the world of though and ideas as abstracted from the world of real life. People sometimes call out for things to be more earthy, grounded, simple... while us the powerful debate the nature of truth and how the scientific method does or does not implicate the pre-existence or finality of the divine, the majority of the worlds population don´t ask this questions... they ask "are we going to get and work tomorrow" "will the coffee harvest provide enough income for my family" "when will this civil war end" "how do I make the most of this education my parents have grafted to give me".. Maybe as they develop and their education systems and economic system allow them to site around on morning writing to an invisible world, maybe in that great free rational future they will ask those questions, I don´t know... thats not really what I´m talking about... Deep down I think sad answer is that there will never be enough food for the world because people in their drive to evolve and develop will never be satisfied. I don´t want to live a life founded in my own importance and skill, I want to live a life founded in a trust in God, I don´t think this blog was motivated by faith in God I think it was driven more by my foundation in me.. Its hard to be motivated and moved always by a trust in Gods power and not my own importance, increasingly so since i came back from the Americas, but maybe that theme will develop as I write on...
And finally the third type, motivation, force in bloging... our semi naked soldier... is this normal.
I think all these three... unusual, important... and insecure drive this writing of mine. Perhaps deep down some people just want to share themselves with people so that the can feel validated by what is going on inside. I made a little video, mostly fun, on facebook, it talks about masks... sometimes we have things inside we are just burning to share, perhaps doing that over a blog is possible the stupidest idea someone has had.. not that there is anything notably scandalous... we just have a strange need for people to know who we are...
Perhaps, after all that, thats why we blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment